Below the Summary based on the Minimum Wages (Delhi) Amendment Bill, 2017. Click here to download official notification of Gov. Delhi.
The Minimum Wages (Delhi) Amendment Bill, 2017
- Insertion of the interpretation of the State Government which means the Lieutenant Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi, appointed by the President under Article 239 and designed under Article 239AA of the Constitution.
- The Central Government or the State Government in relation to any scheduled employment shall take into account the following in fixing or revising the minimum rates of the wages.
- The skill required
- The arduousness of the work assigned to the worker
- The cost of living of the worker and
- Such other components which are related to fixing or revising minimum rates of wages
- Minimum wages payable under this Act shall be paid by depositing the same in the bank account of the employees, electronically or by account payee check in place of in cash.
- In special circumstances like fire in the establishment, natural calamities, death of employer or director of the establishment, the payment of wages may be made in cash.
- The Employer shall pay the employee for every hour or for part of an hour so worked in excess at the overtime rate fixed under this Act.
- Shall not be less than two times of the normal rate of wages fixed under this Act
- The workman shall not be retrenched, dismissed, terminated or laid-off during the pendency of the proceeding or inquiry without the prior approval of the Authority before whom the application is pending.
- Under the penalties for certain offences, every employer shall be punishable with
- Imprisonment for a term of three years or
- With fine of fifty thousand rupees or
- With both
- Under the General provision for punishment of other offences, every employer who contravenes any provision of this Act or of any rule or order made thereunder shall be punishable with
- imprisonment for a term of one year or
- with fine twenty thousand rupees or
- with both
- The Court before whom the complaint is made, shall dispose of the same within a period of three (3) months from the date of making of the complaint.
- The employer shall upload the employee data on website or web portal.
Don't Forget to Subscribe SGC Blog to receive important updates
Below is our previous post on minimum wages of Delhi.